Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sequoia National Park

Last month we took a trip to Sequoia for a reunion of my Dad's side of the family, the Bechtel Family. In all we had nine out of ten families make their way up the mountain to enjoy unseasonably warm weather, hiking, and family. You might ask, why Sequoia? My Dad, along with one of his older sisters, was born and raised on the mountain. My grandafther was the head ranger for many, many years and the park always seems to feel like home. Below are some pictures of our weekend. I don't have many pictures of my extended family posted because we typically went on our own family adventures during the day and met up in the evenings for dinner.


The top portion of the General Grant Tree.



When Emily was a baby we picked out a baby Sequoia next to Tharp's Log in Cresent meadow. We revisited it this year and found another baby right next to it. Now both girls have their own trees and will really be able to track their growth as they get older.




Here is the old picture of Emily when she had just celebrated her first birthday.




With Papa on our hike to see Roaring River Falls. The Sierra's had a pretty good amount of snow this season so the river and all the falls were filled with water, so beautiful!



Jason and I at Roaring River Falls

My Dad's oldest sister Pat, my cousin and partner in planning this reunion Michele, my Dad's other sister Lyndia, Me and Dad





Elizabeth and Emily




Jason and Elizabeth take a break on the Cresent Meadow trail.

My Mom and I at Grizzly Falls.




A Golding Girl Sandwich





Lunch before our hike up to Panaramic Point.

The view from Panoramic Point.


Jason and I in Cresent Meadow.




1 comment:

Brinaghs said...

hey chris! just wanted to say hi