Saturday, September 17, 2011

LIFE

Blogging has taken a backseat to LIFE. Unfortunately, for our family and friends that means that pictures have been few and far between. I hope to get back to blogging soon. Here is a brief recap of our comings and going since the last blog update. Sorry for the delay.

Elizabeth (aka Lizzy) is now in 1st grade and loves the freedom that comes with no longer being in kindergarten. She excels at sports and is the first to volunteer to help out around the house. She is turning into a beautiful, kind, smart and loving young lady. Jay and I could not be more proud of her!

Emily is now in 2nd grade with her sights set on college. Everyday she talks about which university she wants to attend. So far she can't decide between UCLA, USC or Stanford and every once in a while she'll throw out Oregon or New York. In June she received the Principle's Award which is given to honor students for all around outstanding achievement. Her laugh is utterly contagious and there isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't bring a smile to our faces.

Jason is currently in the 2nd year of his two year MPA program at CSUN....the light is at the end of the tunnel! He was also selected to be on a special committee for the school district that requires him to go to monthly meetings. The recent passing of his Aunt Norma has required him to spend much of his spare time traveling back and forth to San Francisco, sometimes on a weekly basis. She was an amazing woman and we will miss her dearly. He is a wonderful father and husband, words can't describe how much I love him.

Christine. I have been working as an RN now for over a year and love every minute of it. Working night shift has required Jason and the kids to make a huge adjustment, but they have done so with love and understanding. In May I was awarded New Grad of the Year in Med/Surg. They had a very nice luncheon for us and Jason was able to attend with me. I feel so blessed everyday for my kids, my hubby, my job and all my wonderful friends and family.

Thanks for your patience with this blog. I hope to be able to add pictures and keep you posted with our family happenings very soon!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Christine, It's so great to hear how you are doing! Since I haven't been on facebook for a long time I lost touch with you. Your girls are so grown up now, I bet you LOVE having them in school and it must work out so nicely with your schedule. That's exciting for Jason to be almost done with his Masters. Congrats on your award!